Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
Oct. 14, 2010
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
Old age brings in a lot of worries, but the two most dreaded by all is the reducing health levels and marked changes in the facial features. Though some segments are controlled by nature and not much can be done but for sure their effect can be minimised and subdued. A well nourished living habits, thorough maintenance and a stress free lifestyle can sure make it a win situation. The following are a few simple measures which when religiously adopted can keep odds at bay and make one feel and appear younger:
- Do hydrate yourself enough on daily basis. A water intake of about 2 to 3 litres is integral. The water supply to the body keeps the levels up to the mark and moisturises internally
- Never let your face is left on without any moisture. Even after washing the face pat it dry and then apply a good moistening agent to keep the skin at bliss. A cleansed, washed skin type would guarantee a flawless complexion in long run. It should be a habit as only long term measures can help
- Avoid excess of tea and coffee though two cups a day are fine but any more can be troublesome.
- Always opt for options that are rich in anti oxidants. Anti oxidants rich foods curtail the ageing factors making one look much younger. Fruits, green leafy vegetables, fresh salads, green tea and herbal methods should be a must. Experts suggest having at least two fruits on daily basis or two bowls of salads full of lettuce, broccoli, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
- Vitamin rich fruits and vegetables. These small but very important percentages of diet are quite apt to turn things your way. So never to neglect them and intricate wise in the diet form. Also many think supplements can satisfy the needful but taking a natural form is much more beneficial.
- Lycopene in tomatoes is wonderful for skin repairs and promote a healthy skin type. A raw tomato a day would be fine to meet up the demand.
- Mineral rich foods like oil seeds, legumes, nuts all are a must. Often females give up on the nut section thinking them a high calorie version but the nourishment they aid is miraculous and necessary. Obviously moderation is needed but abstinence is not advisable.
- The green colour of the plants derived from chlorophyll is essential to keep your skin fresh. Green leafy vegetables stuffed with chlorophyll cleanse and keep the tone on.
- Anti ageing juices are a prevalent variety these days prepared with tomatoes, cucumber, aloe Vera, mint, wheat grass form a perfect blend and an anti ageing tool. The juice would be only beneficial if prepared fresh without any preservatives and consumed on daily basis.
- As mentioned above as well never to give up on oils they are very much needed by the body for complete functioning
- Always keep yourself into some physical activity. It is necessary to keep things going your way.
- Yoga and meditation with some breathing exercises will help you keep young and also stress free.